Additional text from the book’s back jacket:
* The San Andreas Fault and its dynamic—plus continuing—role in shifting both land and sea
* Unusual features including sink holes, sag ponds, submarine canyons & underground streams
* The role of glaciations in causing the development of coastal marine terraces
* Meet the area’s geologic superstars: Bowling Ball Beach, Devil’s Punchbowl, Witches’ Cauldron, sea stacks, gargoyles, blowholes, sea caves, the 8000’ Black Point Spilite and more
* Features nearly 50 diagrams, maps, and striking photos
* Includes an overview of human impact and climate change on the regional land and ocean
The ideal primer for those interested in the often mysterious interplay of water, wind, earthquakes, and other geologic events, processes, and stressors at work in the natural world…
The 85-mile ROAD LOG provides precise instructions for a self-drive geological tour from Bodega Bay at Sonoma County’s southern tip to the tiny hamlet of Elk in Mendocino County (utilizing highway mile markers)—includes MUST-SEE features as well as suggestions for best hikes, picnic spots, public access beaches, campgrounds, side trips inland, and more…
While most geologic Road Logs only have a dozen or fewer stops, Shaping the Sonoma-Mendocino Coast has a whopping 150!
BUY now….at 45+ local stores
Copyright 2017 - 2022. River Beach Press. All Rights Reserved.
Website design by Renaissance Consultations